John A. Lewis diary
John A. Lewis diary
Photocopy of a microfilm copy of a handwritten diary. Lewis wrote about his experience as a Mormon missionary in Wales. He told of his experiences while teaching, his hopes for the souls of Wales, his testimony of the truthfullness of the Mormon Church, his family members, his visits to his cousins, and the challenges of teaching. He visited Cardiff, Wales, where he was born, and he travelled to many other areas as well.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Lewis, John A.
- Call Number: MSS SC 3133
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from John A. Lewis diary must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 3133; John A. Lewis diary; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 3133, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- This item was photocopied from the 920 microfilm collection in 2001.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon missionaries--Wales--History; Mormons--Wales--History; Mormon Church--Missions--Wales--History; Wales--History--Sources; Cardiff (Wales)--History--Sources; Lewis, John A.; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Missions--Great Britain
- Genre / Form
- Diaries; Photocopies
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Lewis (John A.) diary
- Finding Aid Author
- Rose Frank
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2016-02-02 14:09:30 -0700.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Biographical / Historical
John A. Lewis was a Mormon missionary to Wales.
comments powered by Disqus