Lee Allen interview
Lee Allen interview
Transcript of an interview conducted by Mark D. Bell for the Ray Hillam project probably in 1985. Allen went to Vietnam in 1962. He said he had little difficulty with killing because the enemy was brutal and murdered religious leaders and teachers. He added that the enemy deserved to die. Allen was never wounded and was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He said that the United States' press did a poor job in reporting the war. It failed to note how brutal was the enemy, and it wrongly indicated that the war could not be won. He said that the United States could have won the war if the country had been behind the effort and added that the reason to go to war is to defend God-given rights. He added that he and his family were in a concentration camp for three years in Japan during World War II.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.02 linear ft.) : (32 p.)
- Creator: Bell, Mark D.. -- Allen, Lee, 1938
- Call Number: MSS SC 3162
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Lee Allen interview must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 3162; Lee Allen interview; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 3162, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- These materials were donated to Special Collections by Ray Hillam in 1999.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Ray Hillam; 1999.
- Subject Terms
- World War, 1939-1945--Prisoners and prisons, Japanese; Vietnam War, 1961-1975--Personal narratives, American; Military; Politics, Government, and Law; Bell, Mark D.; Allen, Lee, 1938---Interviews
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Allen (Lee) interview
- Finding Aid Author
- Rose Frank
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2016-09-26 17:00:57 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
comments powered by Disqus