Edward Brennan interview
Edward Brennan interview
Dates: 1985 January 29
Typescript of an interview conducted by Tony Sippert on 29 Jan. 1985 for the Ray Hillam Project. Brennan was born and raised in New York City and was an Irish Catholic. His father served in the United States Army which influenced Edward's decision to enlist in 1969. Edward went to aviation school and flew a helicopter. He was stationed with the First Cavalry Division in Vietnam and worked with medical evacuation units and rescue operations. He said that the Vietnam War was not justified and that the United States should not have been there, but he developed a healthy respect for human life. He joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints after the war.
- Extent: 1 item (54 p.)
- Creator: Brennan, Edward. -- Sippert, Tony
- Call Number: MSS SC 3164
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Edward Brennan interview must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 3164; Edward Brennan interview; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 3164, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- These materials were donated to Special Collections by Ray Hillam in 1999.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Ray Hillam; 1999.
- Subject Terms
- Brennan, Edward--Interviews; Military; Mormons--Interviews; Politics, Government, and Law; Vietnam War, 1961-1975--Personal narratives, American
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Brennan (Edward) interview
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Rose Frank
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-02-09T04:14-0700
- Finding Aid Language
comments powered by Disqus