Dan Foote interviews
Dan Foote interviews
Dates: 1985 October 9
Transcript of an interview conducted by Wade Jacoby on 9 Oct. 1985 for the Ray Hillam military history project. Foote joined the Marines Corps in 1968 at age 18, was trained as a radio operator, and served with an artillery battery in Vietnam. He told of his experiences in combat and what it was like to kill and to be shot at. He said many of the men drank alcohol and did drugs. Many times he was the only one who did not which made him lonely at times. He later made sergeant, and he also talked about how many people abused the war and made money from it.
- Extent: 1 item (31 p.)
- Creator: Foote, Dan. -- Jacoby, Wade
- Call Number: MSS SC 3169
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Dan Foote interviews must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 3169; Dan Foote interviews; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 3169, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- These materials was donated by Ray Hillam to Special Collections in 1999.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Ray Hillam; 1999.
- Subject Terms
- Foote, Dan--Interviews; Military; Politics, Government, and Law; Vietnam War, 1961-1975--Personal narratives, American
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Foote (Dan) interviews
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Rose Frank
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-02-09T04:14-0700
- Finding Aid Language
comments powered by Disqus