LeRoy Gunnell interview
LeRoy Gunnell interview
Interview conducted by an unknown person probably in 1985 for the Ray Hillam military history project. Gunnell served as an English instructor at the United States Air Force Academy when he was deployed to Vietnam in 1969. He flew cargo aircraft in Vietnam, and he told about various missions he flew during the war. He and his crew often flew from six different bases each day flying materiel from one place to another. Gunnell grew to love the South Vietnamese whom he met, and the thought the United States government was correct in defending the Vietnamese from the communist philosophy. Gunnell's wife also tells about the hardships she faced when her husband was gone because she had to raise six children on her own.
- Extent: 1 item (52 p.)
- Creator: Gunnell, Earl LeRoy
- Call Number: MSS SC 3171
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from XXX must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 3171; LeRoy Gunnell interview; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 3171, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- These materials were donated to Special Collections by Ray Hillam in 1999.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Ray Hillam; 1999.
- Subject Terms
- Gunnell, Earl LeRoy--Interviews; Military; Military spouses--Interviews; Politics, Government, and Law; Vietnam War, 1961-1975--Personal narratives, American
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Gunnell (LeRoy) interview
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Rose Frank
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-02-09T04:14-0700
- Finding Aid Language
comments powered by Disqus