Edgar De Miller interview
Edgar De Miller interview
Dates: 1985 January 27
Transcript of an interview conducted by Peter Milanzi on 27 Jan. 1985 for the Ray Hillam war project. De Miller was drafted into the United States Army when he was working in Chicago, Illinois, when he was 37 years old. He served as an infantry platoon leader starting at age 38 and later became a company commander training combat soldiers. De Miller worked with foreign correspondents in Tokyo, Japan, following the war. He did not think that the United States participation in the war was justified. He thought that President Roosevelt tricked the Japanese into attacking the United States by placing ships at Pearl Harbor. He became a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
- Extent: 1 item (30 p.)(0.05 linear ft.)
- Creator: De Miller, Edgar. -- Milanzi, Peter
- Call Number: MSS SC 3182
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Edgar De Miller interview must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 3182; Edgar De Miller interview; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 3182, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- These materials were donated to Special Collections by Ray Hillam in 1999.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Ray Hillam; 1999.
- Subject Terms
- De Miller, Edgar--Interviews; Military; Mormons--Interviews; Politics, Government, and Law; World War, 1939-1945--Personal narratives, American
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- De Miller (Edgar) interview
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-02-09T04:14-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Veteran of World War II.
comments powered by Disqus