Kelly Drake interview
Kelly Drake interview
Dates: 1985 July 26
Transcript of an interview conducted by Jay Drake on 26 July 1985 for the Ray Hillam war project. Kelly Drake was drafted into the United States Army in 1954 (?). He went to Ft. Ord, California, for training, and he was sent to Germany where he was assigned to be a jeep driver. He trained soldiers and played war games. He thought that the United States' participation in the the Korean War was justified.
- Extent: 1 item (15 p.)(0.03 linear ft.)
- Creator: Drake, Jay. -- Drake, Kelly J.
- Call Number: MSS SC 3183
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Kelly Drake interview must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 3183; Kelly Drake interview; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 3183, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- These materials were donated to Special Collections by Ray Hillam in 1999.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Ray Hillam; 1999.
- Subject Terms
- Drake, Kelly J.--Interviews; Korean War, 1950-1953; Military; Politics, Government, and Law; Soldiers--United States--Interviews
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Drake (Kelly) interview
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-02-09T04:14-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Soldier in the United States Army.
comments powered by Disqus