David L. Evans interview
David L. Evans interview
Dates: 1982 November 25
Transcript of an interview given by Dr. David L. Evans to Paul R. Murphy on November 25, 1982. This history concerns the experiences of Dr. Evans during his involvement as a United States soldier in World War II. Dr. Evans was a U.S. Army Forward Observer in the 94th Infantry Division in the European Theater of Operations from August 1944 to January 1946. In this capacity he experienced much close combat. The interview was structured basically toward bringing out how Dr. Evans became involved in World War II, the nature and experience of combat, his feelings now toward his war experiences, and how these reflect on his view of the contemporary scene. Dr. Evans is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and some of the questions were formulated to expand on the experiences of being a Mormon at war.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.08 linear ft.)
- Creator: Evans, David L. (David Louis), 1925-2010. -- Murphy, Paul L., 1923
- Call Number: MSS SC 3185
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from David L. Evans interview must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 3185; David L. Evans interview; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 3185, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- These materials were donated to Special Collections by Ray Hillam in 1999.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Ray Hillam; 1999.
- Subject Terms
- Evans, David L. (David Louis), 1925-2010--Interviews; Military; Mormons--Interviews; Politics, Government, and Law; World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--France; World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--Germany; World War, 1939-1945--Personal narratives, American
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Evans (David L.) interview
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Rose Frank
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-02-09T04:14-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Dr. Evans received his B.A. in English at Idaho State University in 1948, his M.A. there in 1953, and his Ph.D. at the University of Utah in 1968. In 1982 he was a member of the faculty at Brigham Young University.
comments powered by Disqus