Dan James interview
Dan James interview
Dates: 1985 March 10
Transcript of an interview conducted by Criss James on 10 March 1985 for the Ray Hillam war project. Criss was Dan's nephew. Dan James joined the United States Navy and served in the Korean and Vietnamese wars. He was a senior advisor to the Vietnamese Navy and was assigned to keep the waters clear.
- Extent: 1 item (12 p.)
- Creator: James, Criss. -- James, Dan
- Call Number: MSS SC 3186
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Dan James interview must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 3186; Dan James interview; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 3186, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- These materials were donated to Special Collections by Ray Hillam in 1999.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Ray Hillam; 1999.
- Subject Terms
- James, Dan--Interviews; Korean War, 1950-1953--Personal narratives, American; Military; Politics, Government, and Law; Vietnam War, 1961-1975--Personal narratives, American
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- James (Dan) interview
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Rose Frank
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-02-09T04:14-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
James was a veteran of the Korean and Vietnamese wars.
comments powered by Disqus