Keith Melville interview
Keith Melville interview
Transcript of an interview conducted by R. Scott Windhorst for the Ray Hillam war project. This interview has been combined with a previous talk given by Dr. Melville to a 379R Political Science class, taught by Dr. Hillam. It concerns his experiences as a B-17 bomber pilot, during World War II. We will start this interview by having Dr. Melville explain the conditions that got him involved in the war.
- Extent: 1 item (19 p.)
- Creator: Melville, Keith. -- Windhorst, R. Scott
- Call Number: MSS SC 3187
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Keith Melville interview must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 3187; Keith Melville interview; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 3187, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- These materials were donated to Special Collections by Ray Hillam in 1999.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Ray Hillam; 1999.
- Subject Terms
- Melville, Keith--Interviews; Military; Politics, Government, and Law; World War, 1939-1945--Aerial operations, American; World War, 1939-1945--Personal narratives, American
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Melville (Keith) interview
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Rose Frank
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-02-09T04:14-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Dr. Keith Melville received his B.A. from the University of Utah in 1947. He earned his M.A. from the University of California, Berkeley in 1949. In 1956 he earned his Ph.D from the University of Utah. Dr. Melville has been a respected professor on the Brigham Young University Campus since 1957. He is also credited with publishing several books and numerous articles.
comments powered by Disqus