Peter Madsen diary
Peter Madsen diary
Photocopy of a microfilm copy of a typescript and a handwritten diary. Madsen was called on a mission for the Mormon Church in 1870. He served in Denmark. The collection consists of a handwritten diary in Danish (148 pages) and a typewritten translation of that diary into English (29 pages). With the typescript is the note: "copied from a translation; June 1956. The authority for copying this Book is given on Page 9, of this manuscript, in which Grandfather says 'I am writing these words so that my dear wives and children can read this Book when I get Home.'" Madsen writes about his missionary experiences and his various activities in Denmark.
- Extent: 2 items (167 pages)
- Creator: Madsen, Peter, 1824-1911
- Call Number: MSS SC 3225
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Peter Madsen diary must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 3225; Peter Madsen diary; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 3225, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- These items were photocopied from the 920 microfilm collection reel 15.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon missionaries--Denmark--Diaries; Mormon Church--Missions--Denmark; Madsen, Peter, 1824-1911; Madsen, Peter, 1824-1911--Diaries; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Missions--Denmark
- Genre / Form
- Diaries; Photocopies; Typescripts
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Madsen (Peter) diary
- Finding Aid Author
- Amy Perez
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2015-11-05 09:49:45 -0700.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Peter Madsen (1824-1911) was a Mormon pioneer and missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
comments powered by Disqus