Lorin Farr papers
Lorin Farr papers
Photocopy of a letter dated September 16, 1850 and addressed to Brigham Young, president of the Mormon Church, requesting advice concerning the shooting of Terikee, a Shoshoni Indian, by a Mormon. He was murdered near the city of Ogden. Also included is an autobiographical sketch dated 1860 containing information on Farr's life, occupation, and church service.
- Extent: 2 items (0.01 linear ft.)
- Creator: Farr, Lorin, 1820-1909
- Call Number: MSS SC 34
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for publich research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Lorin Farr papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 34; Lorin Farr papers; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 34, LTPSC.
- Subject Terms
- Terikee; Civil Procedure and Courts; Mormons--Utah--Ogden--History; Ogden (Utah)--History--Sources; Politics, Government, and Law
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Farr (Lorin) papers
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-02-23T04:11-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Utah territorial legislator; mayor of Ogden; first president of Weber Stake, 1851-1870; and Mormon missionary to Europe, 1870-1871.
comments powered by Disqus