ALS's written between Charles R. Shumway and David W. Smith, descendants of Asahel Smith, Sr., the grandfather of Joseph Smith, Jr., which relates to Smith family history. Also contains a letter from Shumway to The Ensign concerning David W. Smith and J. Winter Smith and a copy of an Ensign article about the Smiths.
- Extent: 5 items
- Call Number: MSS SC 394
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Letters must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 394; Letters; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 394, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by David W. Smith in 1975.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; David W. Smith; 1975.
- Subject Terms
- Shumway, Charles Richard; Smith family; Smith, David W., 1885-; Smith, J. Winter, 1880-; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon missionaries
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elisa Visick
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-05T08:31-0600
- Finding Aid Language
comments powered by Disqus