Joseph Holbrook papers
Joseph Holbrook papers
Holograph journal which contains genealogical data, patriarchal blessings of relatives, details of Mormon difficulties in Missouri, temporary pioneer settlements, crossing the plains and life in Utah, 1848-1871. Also includes receipts, certificates of religious, political and military offices, rules for the Utah constitutional convention, a divorce certificate and memos.
- Extent: 66 items
- Creator: Holbrook, Joseph, 1806-1885
- Call Number: MSS SC 486
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Alternative Format
- Photocopy. s.l. : s.n.*, 197-?* 257 p.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Joseph Holbrook papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 486; Joseph Holbrook papers; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 486, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Purchased from W.P. Holbrook, 1977.
- Acquisition Information
- Purchased; W.P. Holbrook; 1977.
- Related Material
- Typescript copy of holograph journal which contains detailed content notes and alphabetical name index is located in BYU Special Collections.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Missouri--History; Holbrook family; Constitutional conventions--Utah; Frontier and pioneer life; Immigration and American Expansion; Mormon Church--Missions--East (U.S.); Mormon pioneers; Overland Journeys to the Western United States; Winter Quarters (Neb.); Zion's Camp (Expedition) (1834)
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Holbrook (Joseph) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elisa Visick
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-05T08:32-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Member of Zion's Camp, Mormon missionary, pioneer, Utah legislative representative and probate judge.
comments powered by Disqus