Eugene Banks diary
Eugene Banks diary
Handwritten diary which contains an account of military life during the Civil War from a Southern officer's point of view. Banks includes descriptions of the Battle of Missionary Ridge, the Confederate retreat, and the execution of four deserters. Collection also includes a typescript of the diary and a description of the diary with background information on Banks written in 1976 by Darrell Batson. Photocopies of materials also included with collection.
- Extent: 3 folders (0.3 linear ft.)
- Creator: Banks, Eugene
- Call Number: MSS SC 57
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Mat'l specified: Original materials. Condition restricted; permission to use materials must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Eugene Banks diary must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 57; Eugene Banks diary; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 57, LTPSC.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Dennis Rowley; 1974.
- Subject Terms
- Military; Missionary Ridge, Battle of, Tenn., 1863; Politics, Government, and Law; United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Personal narratives, Confederate
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Banks (Eugene) diary
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-02-02T04:04-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Eugune Banks was a lieutenant in Company F of the 39th Alabama Regiment, Army of Tennessee during the Civil War.
comments powered by Disqus