E. Gould papers
E. Gould papers
Manuscripts, printed forms with manuscript entries, and holographs. The collection contains letters written to and from Gould about personal and regimental matters during and immediately after the Civil War. Includes three quartermaster receipts, a claim of an enlisted man for back pay in which Gould acted as attorney, and responses to Gould's request for an honorable discharge.
- Extent: 4 folders (0.3 linear ft.) : 55 items
- Creator: Gould, E.
- Call Number: MSS SC 592
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials maintained in original order.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from E. Gould papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 591; E. Gould papers; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 591, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Purchased from Fred Rosenstock in 1976.
- Acquisition Information
- Purchased; Fred Rosenstock; 1976.
- Subject Terms
- Custer, George A. (George Armstrong), 1839-1876; United States. Army. Cavalry, 5th; Correspondence; Material Types; United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Literary collections
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Gould (E.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Morgan Crockett
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-03-23T04:08-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Lt. Colonel, Michigan 5th Cavalry.
comments powered by Disqus