Ipson family papers
Ipson family papers
Typewritten biographical sketches compiled by various family members detailing the lives of Mormon pioneers Neils P. and Georgina M. Ipson, including data on their emigration from Denmark to Salt Lake City, Utah, his other marriages, Mormon settlement at and exodus from St. Thomas, Nevada, life at Panguitch, Utah, genealogical data and a handwritten divorce claim-release by Georgina M. Ipson. Also includes a typewritten tribute to their son Jennings B. Ipson and a statement by Leonard R. Grover concerning data obtained from Jennings.
- Extent: 9 items
- Call Number: MSS SC 627
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Alternative Format
- Mat'l specified: Divorce claim release:. Photocopy. s.l. : s.n.*, 198-?* 1 p.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Ipson family papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 627; Ipson family papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 627, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Gift of Jennings B. Ipson, 1981.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Jennings B. Ipson; 1981.
- Subject Terms
- Ipson family; Home and Family; Mormon handcart companies; Mormons--Colonization--Nevada; Polygamy--Nevada; Polygamy--Religious aspects--Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Saint Thomas (Nev.)--History; Social Life and Customs
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Ipson family papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elisa Visick
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-05T08:34-0600
- Finding Aid Language
comments powered by Disqus