John Pack letters
John Pack letters
Dates: approximately 1847
Photocopies of handwritten and signed letters dated 1847, addressed to family members, describing difficulties of the journey to Salt Lake City, Utah and Pack's associations with Mormon Church leaders Brigham Young and Heber Chase Kimball.
- Extent: 3 items (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Pack, John, 1809-1885
- Call Number: MSS SC 67
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from John Pack letters must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 67; John Pack letters; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 67, LTPSC.
- Subject Terms
- Kimball, Heber C. (Heber Chase), 1801-1868; Young, Brigham, 1801-1877; Immigration and American Expansion; Mormon pioneers--Utah--History--19th century; Pioneers; Salt Lake City (Utah)--History
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Pack (John) letters
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-02-02T04:04-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Early Mormon pioneer, 1847; helped settle Carson Valley, Nevada, 1856; member of the Deseret Agricultural and Manufacturing Society in Utah.
comments powered by Disqus