John Adams letter
John Adams letter
Dates: circa 1830
Photocopy of a handwritten and signed letter. Adams states that a Mr. Young "from Mendon" has been hired to do some work for him. It is unclear if the John Adams in the letter is the same John Adams (1786-1856) who wrote a legal history of New York State. The "Mr. Young" may have been Brigham Young (1801-1877), second president of the Mormon Church. The date of the item is also uncertain.
- Extent: 1 item (1 p.)(0.05 linear ft.)
- Creator: Adams, John, 1786-1856
- Call Number: MSS SC 733
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from John Adams letter must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 733; John Adams letter; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 733, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated in 1974.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; 1974.
- Subject Terms
- Young, Brigham, 1801-1877; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Correspondence; Material Types; Mendon (N.Y.)--History--Sources; Mormon Church--Presidents--History--Sources
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Adams (John) letter
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-05T08:35-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Author of legal history in New York State.
comments powered by Disqus