Brigham Young letter
Brigham Young letter
Photocopy of a handwritten and signed letter addressed to the United States Senator from Illinois, Stephen A. Douglas. The item was signed by Young, Heber C. Kimball, and Willard Richards. Young writes to Douglas to secure his support for the admission of the Deseret as an official state in the nation.
- Extent: 1 item (1 p.)(0.05 linear ft.)
- Creator: Kimball, Heber Chase, 1801-1868. -- Richards, Willard, 1804-1854. -- Young, Brigham, 1801-1877
- Call Number: MSS SC 734
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Brigham Young letter must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 734; Brigham Young letter; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 734, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by E. W. Douglas in 1977.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; E. W. Douglas; 1977.
- Subject Terms
- Douglas, Stephen A. (Stephen Arnold), 1813-1861; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Civic Activism; Correspondence; Material Types; Mormon Church--Presidents--Correspondence; Politics, Government, and Law
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Young (Brigham) letter
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-05T08:35-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Second president of the Mormon Church.
comments powered by Disqus