Photocopy of a handwritten and signed statement dated 15 April 1844. Smith outlines his views on many political issues in the United States.
- Extent: 1 item (2 p.)(0.05 linear ft.)
- Creator: Smith, Joseph, 1805-1844
- Call Number: MSS SC 735
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Technical Requirements
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from 735 must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 735; The Globe; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 735, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by E. W. Douglas in 1977.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; E. W. Douglas; 1977.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Presidents--Correspondence; Church and state--Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--History--19th century--Sources; Church Government; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Religion; Material Types; Mormons--Political activity--History--19th century--Sources; Political Campaigns; Politics, Government, and Law; United States--Politics and government--1815-1861
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-11-02T17:28-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
First president of the Mormon Church.
comments powered by Disqus