Joseph Smith letter
Joseph Smith letter
Photocopy of a handwritten and signed letter, dated 20 June 1844, and addressed to John Tyler, president of the United States. Smith asks Tyler for protection.
- Extent: 1 item (1 p.)(0.05 linear ft.)
- Creator: Smith, Joseph, 1805-1844. -- Tyler, John, 1790-1862
- Call Number: MSS SC 742
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Joseph Smith letter must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 742; Joseph Smith letter; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 742, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Richard Francom in 1978.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Richard Francom; 1978.
- Subject Terms
- Smith, Joseph, 1805-1844--Correspondence; Church Government; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Religion; Material Types; Mormon Church--Presidents--Correspondence; Politics, Government, and Law
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Smith (Joseph) letter
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-05T08:35-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
First president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
comments powered by Disqus