Journal of John A. Blythe
Journal of John A. Blythe
Photocopy of typescript. Describes his trip from Salt Lake City to the site of Joseph City and daily life in the United Order in that town. The diary also discusses the author's departure on a supply trip to Salt Lake City and concludes with his arrival in St. George, Utah en route. A one-page autobiographical sketch entitled "History of John A. Blythe, From his birth to Feb. 3rd, 1876" is also included.
- Extent: 1 item (35 leaves)
- Creator: Blythe, John A., 1856-1922.. -- Tanner, George S.
- Call Number: MSS SC 780
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Collection maintained in original order.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Journal of John A. Blythe must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 780; Journal of John A. Blythe; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 780, LTPSC.
- Subject Terms
- Blythe, John A., 1856-1922.; Arizona--Description and travel; Arizona--History--To 1912--Sources; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; City and Town Life; Diaries; Frontier and pioneer life--Utah; Joseph City (Ariz.)--History--Sources; Material Types; Mormon Church--Arizona--History--Sources; Mormon missionaries--Arizona; Mormons--Arizona--History--Sources; Mormons--Colonization--Arizona--History--Sources; Mormons--Utah--History--Sources; Pioneers; Social Life and Customs; United orders (Mormon Church)--Arizona--History; Utah--Description and travel
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Blythe (John A.) Journal of
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Morgan Crockett
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-05T08:35-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Early Mormon pioneer, settler in Allen's Camp (later Joseph City), one of the Mormon communities on the Little Colorado River in eastern Arizona.
comments powered by Disqus