L. W. Roundy letter
L. W. Roundy letter
Photocopy of a typescript. Letter to Brigham Young written March 7, 1873, from Kanarrah, Utah. Report to Brigham Young on possibilities of establishing Mormon colonies in northeastern Arizona. Describes in some detail the land, the quality of the water and the distance between watering holes, prospects for getting along with the Indians, timber, and the outlook for farming and grazing. Recommends against sending down any permanent settlers since there would not be enough water or arable land to sustain a community of any size.
- Extent: 3 p.
- Creator: Roundy, L. W. (Lorenzo W.), d. 1876
- Call Number: MSS SC 782
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Collection maintained in original order.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from XXX must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 782; L.W. Roundy letter; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 782, LTPSC.
- Subject Terms
- Roundy, L. W. (Lorenzo W.), d. 1876; Young, Brigham, 1801-1877; Arizona--Description and travel; Correspondence; Material Types; Mormons--Arizona--History--Sources; Mormons--Colonization--Arizona--History--Sources; Navajo Indians--Missions--History
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Roundy (L.W.) letter
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Morgan Crockett
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-05T08:35-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Mormon Bishop, missionary to the Navajo Indians in northeastern Arizona.
comments powered by Disqus