Arza E. Hinckley diary
Arza E. Hinckley diary
Photocopy of typescript. Covers the first year of Hinckley's mission to the Arizona Indians. Includes account of the author receiving his assignment from Lorenzo Snow (1814-1901), one of the Twelve Apostles of the Mormon Church; the trip to Arizona; and descriptions of Hinckley's work among the Indians. Diary entries are lengthy and very detailed.
- Extent: 1 item (30 leaves)
- Creator: Hinckley, Arza E., 1826-1901
- Call Number: MSS SC 783
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Collection maintained in original order.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Arza E. Hinckley diary must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 783; Azra E. Hinckley; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 783, LTPSC.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Tanner, George S.; Diaries; Frontier and pioneer life--Arizona; Indians of North America--Religion--Arizona; Indians--Missions; Material Types; Mormon missionaries--Arizona; Navajo Indians--Missions--History
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Hinckley (Arza E.) diary
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Morgan Crockett
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-05T08:35-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Early convert to the Mormon Church, member of the Mormon Battalion (1846-1847), and missionary for the Mormon Church to the Indians in Arizona (1882-1884).
comments powered by Disqus