Andrew Amundsen journal
Andrew Amundsen journal
Photocopy of typescript. Author describes the trip from the Lehi, Utah, area in company with his fellow missionaries to Moencopi, Arizona, where the group farmed, lived among the Indians, learned their language, and taught them about the Mormon Church. Amundsen also records his impressions of the Indians as a people and gives a day-by-day account of the Mormons' relations with them, as well as providing descriptions of various sites the group explored for potential settlement by Mormon colonists.
- Extent: 21 p.
- Creator: Amundsen, Andrew, 1849-1927. -- Tanner, George S.
- Call Number: MSS SC 786
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materialsa are in English.
- Collection maintained in original condition.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Andrew Amundsen journal must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 785; Andrew Amundsen journal; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 782, LTPSC.
- Subject Terms
- Amundsen, Andrew, 1849-1927; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Arizona--History--Sources; Hamblin, Jacob, 1819-1886; Lee, John Doyle, 1812-1877; Arizona--Description and travel; Diaries; Indians of North America; Material Types; Mormons; Mormons--Arizona--History--Sources; Mormons--Colonization--Arizona--History--Sources; Navajo Indians--Missions--History; Paiute Indians; Utah--Description and travel
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Amundsen (Andrew) journal
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Morgan Crockett
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2011-09-13T12:27-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Mormon missionary to the Indians in Arizona.
comments powered by Disqus