Ammon M. Tenney papers
Ammon M. Tenney papers
Photocopy of typescript. Includes a number of letters written to Tenney by such people as Brigham Young (1801-1877), Wilford Woodruff (1807-1898), and John W. Young (1844-1924) concerning the purchase of land at St. Johns, Arizona, for Mormon settlement, missionary work among the Indians, and obtaining work for Mormon settlers by bidding on raliroad contracts. Some of Tenney's replies are also included. Folder also includes typescript copy of Tenney's journal for 1875-1876.
- Extent: 18 items (50 leaves)
- Creator: Tanner, George S.. -- Tenney, Ammon M. (Ammon Meshach), 1844-1925
- Call Number: MSS SC 800
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Ammon M. Tenney papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 800; Ammon M. Tenney papers; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 800, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Originally collected by George S. Tanner; formerly cataloged as Mss 600.
- Acquisition Information
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Arizona--History; Smith, George Albert, 1817-1875--Correspondence; Tenney, Ammon M. (Ammon Meshach), 1844-1925--Diaries; Woodruff, Wilford, 1807-1898--Correspondence; Young, Brigham, 1801-1877--Correspondence; Young, John W. (John Willard), 1844-1924--Correspondence; Arizona--History--To 1912; Religion; Immigration and American Expansion; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormons--Arizona--History; Mormons--Colonization--Arizona--History; Pioneers; Saint Johns (Ariz.)--History--Sources
- Genre / Form
- Autobiographies; Diaries; Letters
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Tenney (Ammon M.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elisa Visick
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-02-16T04:11-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Mormon pioneer in Arizona, colonist, and missionary to the Navajo Indians.
comments powered by Disqus