This is a holograph diary covering from 1 July 1881 to 15 April 1884. During this time, the author worked as a surveyor for the Utah Central Railroad in Spanish Fork Canyon and vicinity. The first 17 pages of the document are in pencil and the remainder are in ink. The hand is often difficult to decypher, especially since many of the entries are partly in shorthand (Pitman).
- Extent: 1 v. (54 p.)
- Call Number: MSS SC 850
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Diary must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 850; Diary; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 850, LTPSC.
- Subject Terms
- Business, Industry, Labor, and Commerce; Diaries; Material Types; Mormons--Utah--History--Sources; Railroads; Railroads--Design and construction--Utah--History--Sources; Railroads--Surveying--Utah--History--Sources.; Salt Lake City (Utah)--History--Sources; Spanish Fork Canyon (Utah)--History--Sources; Surveyors--Utah--Diaries
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Morgan Crockett
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-05T08:36-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
The author was an unidentified railroad surveyor for the Utah Central Railroad and a member of the 12th Ward of the Mormon Church in Salt Lake City.
comments powered by Disqus