Alexander McRae letters
Alexander McRae letters
This collection consists of photocopies of handwritten copies of letters originally composed by McRae. Most of the letters were addressed to McRae's children and other family members. They deal largely with personal matters, but he mentioned some business concerns and recounted some of the news of Salt Lake City. Some are official letters concerned with bishopric and related church matters.
- Extent: 148 p.
- Creator: McRae, Alexander, 1807-1891
- Call Number: MSS SC 866
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Alternative Format
- Reproduced in 1976.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Alexander McRae letters must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 866; Alexander McRae letters; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 866, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Anna Thacker in 1976.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Anna Thacker; 1976.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Eleventh Ward (Salt Lake City, Utah)--History--Sources; Home and Family; Mormon Church--Bishops--Correspondence; Mormon families; Salt Lake City (Utah)--History--Sources; Social Life and Customs
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- McRae (Alexander) letters
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elisa Visick
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-05T08:37-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
McRae was a soldier, tailor, sheriff, militia captain, and bishop for the Mormon Church of the Salt Lake City 11th ward from 1857 to 1891.
comments powered by Disqus