Ira Hyer diaries
Ira Hyer diaries
This collection consists of photocopies of Hyer's diaries. Hyer was called as a Mormon missionary to serve in the Society Islands and labored there from 1912 to 1915. From 1914 to 1915 he served as mission president of the Society Islands Mission. He was a soldier during World War I but saw no action being in Wales when the armistice was signed.
- Extent: 4 folders (0.32 linear ft.)
- Creator: Hyer, Ira, 1889
- Call Number: MSS SC 884
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Ira Hyer diaries must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 884; Ira Hyer diaries; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 884, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Vleria Hyer in 1976.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Vleria Hyer; 1976.
- Subject Terms
- Hyer, Ira, 1889---Diaries; Cache Valley (Utah and Idaho)--History--Diaries; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Military; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon Church--Missions--French Polynesia; Mormon missionaries; Politics, Government, and Law; Society Islands (French Polynesia)--Description and travel--Diaries; Soldiers--United States--Diaries; World War, 1914-1918--Personal narratives, American
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Hyer (Ira) diaries
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-02-23T04:13-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Hyer served as a Mormon missionary and as a mission president for the same church. He was also a farmer in Cache Valley, Utah and a soldier in World War I.
comments powered by Disqus