Hyde family biographies
Hyde family biographies
This collection consists of photocopies of typewritten manuscripts. It includes the bound diary of William Hyde (1818-1874) and biographies of Rosel Hyde (1816-1903) and Heman Hyde (1788-1869). Also within the collection are Hyde family genealogies. William Hyde joined the Mormon Church in 1834, served in the "Mormon Battalion," came first to Utah in 1847, had three wives, and settled in Hyde Park, Utah where he served as the Mormon bishop. Rosel Hyde came to Utah in 1849, had two wives, served in a bishopric and as a patriarch for the Mormon Church, and settled in Kaysville, Utah. Heman Hyde was a Mormon pioneer who settled in Salt Lake City, Utah and had three wives.
- Extent: 3 folders (0.24 linear ft.)
- Call Number: MSS SC 897
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Hyde family biographies must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 897; Hyde family biographies; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 897, LTPSC.
- Subject Terms
- Hyde family; Hyde, Heman, 1788-1869; Hyde, Rosel, 1816-1903; Hyde, William, 1818-1874--Diaries; United States. Army. Mormon Battalion--Diaries; Cache Valley (Utah and Idaho)--History; Hyde Park (Utah)--History--Sources; Kaysville (Utah)--History; Mormon pioneers--Utah--Diaries; Polygamy--Religious aspects--Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Hyde family biographies
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Morgan Crockett
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-02-23T04:13-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
The Hyde family were Mormons who lived in Ohio, Missouri, Illinois, and finally settled in Utah.
comments powered by Disqus