Civil War miscellany
Civil War miscellany
Miscellaneous items relating to the end of the Civil War and to the Confederate States. Included are General Meade's "General Orders no. 15" of 16 April 1865 announcing the death of President Lincoln and three newspapers ("The Richmond times" 4 May 1865 and "Detroit Tribune" of 15 and 17 April 1865) presenting information on the end of the war and Lincoln's assasination. The Confederate materials are bond notes and a financial record from the treasurer's office.
- Extent: 10 items
- Call Number: MSS SC 907
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Civil Way miscellany must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 907; Civil Way miscellany; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 907, LTPSC.
- Subject Terms
- Confederate States of America; Debts, Public--Confederate States of America--Sources; Military; Politics, Government, and Law; United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Sources
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Civil War miscellany
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Morgan Crockett
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-05T08:37-0600
- Finding Aid Language
comments powered by Disqus