B. F. Cummings journal
B. F. Cummings journal
Holograph journal, written to replace a previously lost volume, in which Cummings describes his assistance of Latter-day Saint Church members in New England in preparing to move west to Utah, and his work as president of the New England Mission. Also contains a handwritten note by Benjamin Franklin Cummings III concerning other volumes of the journal.
- Extent: 21 p. (0.08 linear ft.)
- Creator: Cummings, B. F. (Benjamin Franklin), 1855-1918
- Call Number: MSS SC 91
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Alternative Format
- Typescript of the journal located in Special Collections.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from B. F. Cummings journal must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 91; B. F. Cummings journal; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 91, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated in 1974.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; 1974.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Missions--New England; Religion; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormons--Emigration and immigration
- Genre / Form
- Physical Location
- Harold B. Lee Library Special Collections and Manuscripts Dept., Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah 84602.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Cummings (B.F.) journal
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-05T08:38-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Mormon missionary to New England.
comments powered by Disqus