Era P. Lowe biography
Era P. Lowe biography
This collection consists of 12 leaves photocopied from a typewritten newspaper article authored by Era P. Lowe, son of Thomas G. Lowe who was a Mormon pioneer; Indian scout, missionary, and colonizer. Thomas Lowe also built tabernacles and other community buildings under the direction of Brigham Young and John Taylor. Thomas was held in high regard among the Mormons, non-Mormons, and Indians alike and served in many community and Mormon Church positions.
- Extent: 12 p. (0.07 linear ft.)
- Creator: Lowe, Era P.
- Call Number: MSS SC 927
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Era P. Lowe biography must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 927; Era P. Lowe biography; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 927, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Era P. Lowe in 1977.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Era P. Lowe; 1977.
- Subject Terms
- Lowe, Thomas G., 1851-1938; Taylor, John, 1808-1887; Young, Brigham, 1801-1877; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Immigration and American Expansion; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon pioneers--Arizona--Biography; Mormon pioneers--Utah--Biography; Mormons--Utah--Biography; Pioneers
- Genre / Form
- Biography--19th century; Biography--20th century
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Lowe (Era P.) biography
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-05T08:38-0600
- Finding Aid Language
comments powered by Disqus