Inez Knight Allen diary
Inez Knight Allen diary
A holograph manuscript written by Inez Knight Allen before she married. It is a diary kept from 1898 to 1899 while she was on a mission for the Mormon Church in England. Lengthy entries describe her missionary activities and her travels in England. There are many gaps in the record.
- Extent: 1 v. (130 p.)(0.09 linear ft.)
- Creator: Allen, Inez Knight, 1876-1937
- Call Number: MSS SC 932
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Inez Knight Allen diary must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 932; Inez Knight Allen diary; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 932, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Dr. Mark Allen in 1977.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Dr. Mark Allen; 1977.
- Subject Terms
- Allen, Inez Knight, 1876-1937--Diaries; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Great Britain--Description and travel--Diaries; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon Church--Missions--British--Diaries; Mormon missionaries--Great Britain--Diaries
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Allen (Inez Knight) diary
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-05T08:38-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Missionary of the Mormon Church in England, wife of Robert Eugene Allen, and the mother of five children.
comments powered by Disqus