This document was regarding the case of Emeline A. Young vs. George Q. Cannon, Albert Carrington, and Brigham Young Jr. (1836-1903) regarding the last will of Brigham Young (1801-1877). The document bound Brigham Young Jr. to appear in court or pay $5000 penalty. He was chared in contempt for disobeying an order to deliver property to the proper receiver. The item is dated 12 July 1879.
- Extent: 1 item (3 pages)
- Creator: Utah. District Court (3rd District)
- Call Number: MSS SC 951
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Bond must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 951; Bond; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 951, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Purchased from Rosenstock in 1978.
- Acquisition Information
- Purchased; Rosenstock; 1978.
- Subject Terms
- Young, Brigham, 1801-1877--Estate; Young, Brigham, 1801-1877--Will; Young, Brigham, 1836-1903; Civil Procedure and Courts; Courts--Utah--Salt Lake City; Politics, Government, and Law
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elisa Visick
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-05T08:38-0600
- Finding Aid Language
comments powered by Disqus