Charles Love Flake diary
Charles Love Flake diary
Photocopies of typescript journal which was transcribed from the holograph original by Albert J. Levine. Flake was born in Beaver, Utah but spent most of his life in Arizona. He attended Brigham Young Academy in Provo, Utah and served as a missionary for the Mormon Church in Mississippi (1883-1885). He supplied lumber to the Woodruff Co-op store and carried mail from Holbrook, Arizona to Ft. Apache. He was murdered in 1892(??). His brother, Oz Flake, gave an account of Charles' death which is found with the diary.
- Extent: 73 p. (0.08 linear ft.)
- Creator: Flake, Charles Love, 1893-1919
- Call Number: MSS SC 982
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Charles Love Flake diary must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 982; Charles Love Flake diary; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 982, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Chad Flake in 1978.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Chad Flake; 1978.
- Subject Terms
- Brigham Young Academy--History--19th century; Flake, Charles Love, 1893-1919--Diaries; Agriculture and Natural Resources; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Colleges and Universities; Education; Forestry and Logging; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon Church--Missions--Southern States; Mormons--Arizona--Biography
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Flake (Charles Love) diary
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-05T08:39-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Student, Mormon missionary, mail carrier, and lumberman.
comments powered by Disqus