Holograph diary and typescript of the same item. Matheson lived in Cedar City, Utah and had business holdings in Parowan, Utah. The diary is largely concerned with accounts of the day's work activities at the sawmill which he apparently owned.
- Extent: 1 v. (61 p. + 7 leaves)(0.07 linear ft.)
- Creator: Matheson, Alexander Gordon, 1865
- Call Number: MSS SC 988
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Diary must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 988; Diary; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 988, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Susan H. Dalton in 1976.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Susan H. Dalton; 1976.
- Subject Terms
- Agriculture and Natural Resources; Cedar City (Utah)--History--Sources; Forestry and Logging; Parowan (Utah)--History--Sources; Sawmills--Utah--History--Sources
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-05T08:39-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Farmer, shopkeeper, sheep raiser, flour miller, sawmiller, and politician.
comments powered by Disqus