Thomas Chamberlain diaries
Thomas Chamberlain diaries
Three diaries (1875, 1880-1882, 1893-1896), genealogical group sheets of Chamberlain's families, and ten photocopied photographs of Chamberlain and his wives and children. The two earliest items are photocopies of holograph manuscripts while the third is a typescript.
- Extent: 3 items (0.24 linear ft.)
- Creator: Chamberlain, Thomas, 1854-1918
- Call Number: MSS SC 990
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Material is in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Thomas Chamberlain diaries must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 990; Thomas Chamberlain diaries; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 990, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Ramona A. Chamberlain in 1977.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Ramona A. Chamberlain; 1977.
- Subject Terms
- Chamberlain, Thomas, 1854-1918--Diaries; Church Government; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Religion; Home and Family; Long Valley (Utah)--History--Sources; Orderville (Utah)--History--Sources; Polygamy--Religious aspects--Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--History--Sources; Social Life and Customs; United orders (Mormon Church)--Utah--Orderville
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Chamberlain (Thomas) diaries
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-05T08:39-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Farmer; Chamberlain was born in Tooele, Utah and spent much of his adult life in Long Valley and Orderville, Utah. He served as a bishop and as a member of the Kanab Stake high council for the Mormon Church. Chamberlain married Elinor A. Hoyt and Laura Fackrell in 1873 in a polylgamous union. He lived the United Order in Mount Carmel, Utah and at Orderville.
comments powered by Disqus