Cougar Club records
Cougar Club records
Collection contains the historical files relating to the activities, growth, and day-to-day running of the Cougar Club. It includes administrative files, including correspondence and subject files, files on fund-raising and membership, as well as photographs of various athletic events, athletes, and Cougar Club functions. Dated from 1964 to 1993.
- Extent: 41 boxes (20.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Brigham Young University. Cougar Club
- Call Number: UA 1005
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged in six series: 1. Cougar Club administrative files, 1964-1989; 2. Cougar Club fund-raising files, 1972-1989; 3. Cougar Club membership files, 1975-1989; 4. Cougar Club meeting files, 1969-1989; 5. Cougar Club photos, 1984-1987; and 6. Cougar Club collection addendum, 1975-1993.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Cougar Club records must be obtained from the Permissions & Licensing Office of the University and the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial Citation: UA 1005; Cougar Club records; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following Citations: UA 1005, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Transferred from Records Management in September 2002.
- Acquisition Information
- Transferred; Records Management; 2002.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA1005.xml
- Subject Terms
- Education; Colleges and Universities; Brigham Young University. Cougar Club; Brigham Young Cougars (Football team); Brigham Young University. Athletic Media Relations; BYU Cougars (Basketball team)
- Genre / Form
- Corporate minutes; Photographs; Reports; Files (Records); Letters
- Processing Information
- Processed; J. Gordon Daines III and Brian Shull; 2002. Addendum processed; Erin Owens; January 2015.
- Appraisal Information
- Departmental records (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Cougar Club records
- Finding Aid Author
- J. Gordon Daines III and Brian Shull
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2015-09-09 15:44:07 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- Biographical Info:
The Brigham Young University (BYU) Cougar Club (1964-) promotes athletic excellence, sportsmanship, and personal integrity among BYU student athletes and the supporters of Brigham Young University--both on and off the field of play.
Cougar Club provides a major source of funding for both men's athletics and women's athletics, in addition to sponsoring a number of programs that build athletic loyalty among BYU alumni and friends of the university. Programs sponsored by the club include the Athletic Hall of Fame, football and basketball previews, football pre-game activities, satellite and replay broadcasts of home football and basketball games, and the annual recognition of outstanding academic achievement by student athletes. The club has nearly 4000 members, with club chapters in major support areas and more than 200 satellite representatives throughout the United States. Cougar Club is administered through a Director who is appointed by the university; the director has the responsibility to report to a BYU administrator and to the club's "advisory" board of directors. The office staff currently includes a full time secretary and three part-time secretaries. Also supporting the club's operations are hundreds of member volunteers.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in UA 1005
Cougar Club administrative records
Cougar Club fund-raising records
Cougar Club membership records
Cougar Club records on meetings
Cougar Club photographs
Cougar Club collection addendum
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives