Financial Aids records
Financial Aids records
The collection contains records from the Financial Aids office from 1967 to 2001. The materials include minutes, reports, correspondence, and budgets. The materials pertain to student aid but also include director’s records, associate dean records, and materials from Ford Stevenson.
- Extent: 39 cartons (39 linear ft.). -- 8 boxes (4 linear ft.)
- Call Number: UA 1045
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Restricted. Closed for 25 years (until 2026) after the creation of the records and thereafter open to the public after consultation with the University Archivist and in accordance with the General Restriction Statement of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections.
- Languages and Scripts
- The collection has been arranged into three series: I. Financial Aids student aid records, 1967-2000; II. Financial Aids Director’s records, 1972-1997; III. Financial Aids Associate Dean records, 1973-2001. The materials have been left in the original order in which they were found. This order appears to be grouped by like subject with alphabetical and chronological order.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Financial Aids records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 1045; Financial Aids records; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 1045, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Transferred from Records Management and retrieved from the University Archives stacks, March 2004. Transferred from Records Management in May 2009.
- Acquisition Information
- Transferred; Records Management; March 2004. Transferred; Records Management; May 2009.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA1045.xml
- Related Material
- See also Brigham Young University Financial Aids records, 1956-1964 (UA 403). See also Brigham Young University Financial Aids records, 1968-1978 (UA 847).
- Subject Terms
- Stevenson, Ford L.; Colleges and Universities; Education; Student aid
- Genre / Form
- Budgets; Corporate minutes; Letters; Reports
- Processing Information
- Processed; J. Gordon Daines III; April 2004. Processed; Matthew Leavitt; May 2009.
- Appraisal Information
- Office files (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Financial Aids records
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Matthew Leavitt
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-11-22T12:38-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
The student financial aids program was introduced at Brigham Young University during the 1959-1960 academic year. Originally designed to allow Brigham Young University to not participate in the new federally sponsored loan programs then becoming available, this Church-funded loan program had made 42,295 loans by the end of its first twelve years of operation. The program currently offers BYU short-term loans as well as information on applying for loans from the Federal government. The program assists students in making good financial decisions when it comes to financing their educations.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series I in UA 1045
Financial Aids student aid records
Financial Aids Director’s records
Financial Aids Associate Dean records
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives