Brigham Young University postcards
Brigham Young University postcards
This collection consists of nine postcards. The postcards are of buildings on Brigham Young Universities campus. Dated in the 1950's.
- Extent: 2 folders (0.2 linear ft.)
- Creator: Brigham Young University
- Call Number: UA 1047
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Brigham Young University postcards must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 1047; Brigham Young University postcards; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 1047, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Transferred to the University Archives, April 2004. Transferred to the University Archives, September 2014.
- Acquisition Information
- Transferred; University Archives; April 2004. Transferred; University Archives; September 2014.
- Subject Terms
- Provo (Utah); Artifacts; Material Types; Education; Colleges and Universities; Brigham Young University--Buildings; Heber J. Grant Building (Provo, Utah); Karl G. Maeser Building (Provo, Utah)
- Genre / Form
- Processing Information
- Addendum processed; Erin Owens; October 2014.
- Appraisal Information
- University history (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Brigham Young University postcards
- Finding Aid Author
- Jennifer Kim
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2015-04-10 15:27:41 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Brigham Young University (1903- ) is a university sponsored by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Provo, Utah.
Brigham Young University was established in 1903 in a renaming of Brigham Young Academy. Past and present Brigham Young University presidents include George H. Brimhall (1903-1921), Franklin S. Harris (1921-1945), Howard S. McDonald (1945-1949), (acting president) Christian Jensen (1949-1951), Ernest L. Wilkinson (1951-1971), Dallin H. Oaks (1971-1980), Jeffrey R. Holland (1980-1989), Rex E. Lee (1989-1995), Merrill J. Bateman (1996-2003), Cecil O. Samuelson (2003-2014), and Kevin J. Worthen (2014- ).
Brigham Young University is owned and operated by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as part of the Church Educational System (CES). The university is governed by a Board of Trustees, which, since 1939, has consisted of the First Presidency of the Church as well as other General Authorities or general officers of the Church appointed by the First Presidency. The Board of Trustees provides general direction and oversees the formulation of broad policies as well as the approval of all executive leadership and faculty appointments at the university. The Board of Trustees delegates to the University President the responsibility to conduct the operations of the institution and administer the policies enacted by the board. The President serves as the chief executive officer and general manager of the University. Since 1996, the President of the university has also been a General Authority of the Church.
Brigham Young University has grown from a small academy to one of the world's largest private universities. Sponsored by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, BYU offers a unique educational environment that promotes learning by study and also by faith.
comments powered by Disqus