• Home
  • UA 1066
  • Harold B. Lee Library newsclippings collection

Harold B. Lee Library newsclippings collection

Harold B. Lee Library newsclippings collection

Dates: 1993-2002

This collection contains newsclippings from 1993 to 2002 having to do with the Harold B. Lee Library. It is arranged chronologically according to month and date. Not all months are represented in the collection's year span.

  • Extent: 1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
  • Call Number: UA 1066
  • Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
  • Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
Languages and Scripts
English
Conditions of Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Newsclippings collection must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Preferred Citation
Initial citation: UA 1066; Harold B. Lee Library newsclippings collection; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 1066, LTPSC.
Custodial History
Gift; Cali O'Connell; 2003.
Acquisition Information
Harold B. Lee Library.
Other Finding Aids
File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA1066.xml
Subject Terms
Colleges and Universities; Education
Genre / Form
Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
Appraisal Information
Part of University Archives; department records (University Archives collecting policy July 2003).
Finding Aid ID Number
UPB_UA1066
Finding Aid Title
Harold B. Lee Library newsclippings collection
Finding Aid Author
Finding aid prepared by Rose Frank
Finding Aid Creator
This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T13:03-0600
Finding Aid Language
English
Biographical Info:

Biographical/Historical note

In 1973 the name of the Heber J. Grant Library was changed to the Harold B. Lee Library, in honor of the former president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. President Oaks began an addition to the library in 1974 which was dedicated in 1977, adding 215,000 square feet. President Bateman also decided to expand the library. Ground was broken in 1996. President Gordon B. Hinckley dedicated the new addition in 2000. The Harold B. Lee Library is now 665,000 square feet, with 98 miles of shelving housing the 6 million items in the library's collection. (Information taken from http://www.lib.byu.edu/libhistory.html)



comments powered by Disqus

Site Navigation

Search this Collection

Collection Arrangement

Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description

Print View

Help with this Collection

Ask us a Question

Cory Nimer
University Archivist - University Archives
cory_nimer@byu.edu