Collection of Brigham Young University photographs
Collection of Brigham Young University photographs
Dates: circa 1884-1980s
Contains photographs relating to Brigham Young University, including photographs of campus, fine arts events, students, and photographs of other university-run programs, circa 1884-1980s.
- Extent: 1 carton (1 linear ft.)
- Call Number: UA 1070
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials in English.
- Contains sixteen series: 1. Photographs of performing arts, circa 1920-1980. 2. Photographs of Leadership Week, 1920-1959. 3. Photographs of BYU Broadcasting, 1939-1968. 4. Photographs of Y Mountain and Y Days, 1906-1972. 5. Photographs of ROTC, circa 1918-1970. 6. Photographs of BYU campus, circa 1884-1980s. 7. Photographs of study abroad programs, circa 1950s-1970s. 8. Photographs of athletic programs, circa 1920-1960s. 9. Photographs of academic programs, circa 1937-1953. 10. Photograhps of student organizations, 1917-1948. 11. Photographs of semicentennial celebration, 1924-1925. 12. Photographs of visitors to campus, 1909-1968. 13. Photographs of Y Bell, 1938-1973. 14. Photographs of health services, circa 1921-1960s. 15. Photographs of gifts and grants, circa 1950-1969. 16. General photographs, circa 1891-1968.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Collection of Brigham Young University photographs must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 1070; Collection of Brigham Young University photographs; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 1070, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Materials originally donated by Laurie Bradley in August 2002. Found in University Archives Workroom in February 2009. Found in University Archives Workroom in April 2009. Addendum found in stacks in UA 1330 and added to this collection.
- Acquisition Information
- Found; University Archives Workroom; April 2009.
- Subject Terms
- College students--Utah--Provo--Photographs; Colleges and Universities; Education; Universities and colleges--Utah--Provo--Photographs
- Genre / Form
- Processing Information
- Processed; J. Gordon Daines III; October 2003. Processed; Matthew Leavitt; March 2009. Processed; Dani Peterson; December 2011.
- Appraisal Information
- Part of University Archives; college records (University Archives collecting policy February 2010).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Collection of Brigham Young University photographs
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Matthew Leavitt
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2012-01-10T17:20-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Brigham Young University (1903-) is a university sponsored by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Provo, Utah.
Brigham Young University was established in 1903 in a renaming of Brigham Young Academy. Past and present Brigham Young University presidents include George H. Brimhall (1903-1921), Franklin S. Harris (1921-1945), Howard S. McDonald (1945-1949), (acting president) Christian Jensen (1949-1951), Ernest L. Wilkinson (1951-1971), Dallin H. Oaks (1971-1980), Jeffrey R. Holland (1980-1989), Rex E. Lee (1989-1995), Merrill J. Bateman (1996-2003), and Cecil O. Samuelson (2003- ).
Brigham Young University is owned and operated by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as part of the Church Educational System (CES). The university is governed by a Board of Trustees, which, since 1939, has consisted of the First Presidency of the Church as well as other General Authorities or general officers of the Church appointed by the First Presidency. The Board of Trustees provides general direction and oversees the formulation of broad policies as well as the approval of all executive leadership and faculty appointments at the university. The Board of Trustees delegates to the University President the responsibility to conduct the operations of the institution and administer the policies enacted by the board. The President serves as the chief executive officer and general manager of the University.
Brigham Young University has grown from a small academy to one of the world's largest private universities. Sponsored by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, BYU offers a unique educational environment that promotes learning by study and also by faith.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in UA 1070
Photographs of performing arts
Dates: circa 1920-1980
Photographs of Leadership Week
Photographs of BYU Broadcasting
Photographs of Y Mountain and Y Days
Photographs of Reserve Officers' Training Corps
Dates: circa 1918-1970
Photographs of Brigham Young University campus
Dates: bulk 1954-1989----circa 1884-1989, bulk 1954-1989
Photographs of study abroad programs
Dates: circa 1950-1979
Photographs of athletic programs
Dates: circa 1920-1969
Photographs of academic programs
Dates: circa 1937-1953
Photographs of student organizations and clubs
Photographs of semicentennial celebration
Photographs of visitors to campus
Photographs of the Y Bell
Photographs of Health Services
Dates: circa 1921-1969
Photographs of gifts and grants
Dates: circa 1950-1969
Photographs of Brigham Young University
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives