• Home
  • UA 1100
  • Physical Plant Department building inventories

Physical Plant Department building inventories

Physical Plant Department building inventories

Dates: 1984-2009

Contains copies of building inventories produced by the Physical Plant Department of Brigham Young University. The inventories list the buildings on campus and some information about them. Materials date from 1984, 1992 to 1996, 2004 to 2005, and 2009.

  • Extent: 1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
  • Call Number: UA 1100
  • Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
  • Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
Languages and Scripts
English
Arrangement
Arranged chronologically.
Conditions of Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Physical Plant Department building inventories must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Preferred Citation
Initial citation: UA 1100; Physical Plant Department building inventories; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 1100, LTPSC.
Custodial History
Found in the University Archives workroom in 2011 and 2013.
Acquisition Information
Found; University Archives; 2011. Found; University Archives; 2013.
Subject Terms
College campuses--Utah--Provo; Colleges and Universities; Education
Genre / Form
Inventories
Processing Information
Processed; Natalie Fisher; 2011. Processed; J. Gordon Daines III; October 2013.
Appraisal Information
Building inventory (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
Finding Aid ID Number
UPB_UA1100
Finding Aid Title
Physical Plant Department building inventories
Finding Aid Author
Finding aid prepared by Rose Frank
Finding Aid Creator
This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-11-10T04:24-0700
Finding Aid Language
English
Biographical Info:

Administrative History

The Physical Plant Department (est. 1954) functions to coordinate the building and grounds maintenance of Brigham Young University.

The Physical Plant Department, previously the Department of Buildings and Grounds, was established in 1954. The Physical Plant functions under the Physical Facilities Division and is responsible for maintaining university utilities, overseeing engineering and construction, maintaining the grounds, maintaining the buildings (including custodial services), overseeing transportation services, and administering to campus projects. Directors of the department have included Leland M. Perry (1954-1957), Sam F. Brewster (1957-1974), Fred A. Schwendiman (1974), Harold J. Anderson (1979-1986), Douglas Christensen (1986-1990), and Scott Briggs (1990- ).



comments powered by Disqus

Site Navigation

Search this Collection

Collection Arrangement

Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description

Print View

Help with this Collection

Ask us a Question

Cory Nimer
University Archivist - University Archives
cory_nimer@byu.edu