Department of Technology visual and multimedia records

Department of Technology visual and multimedia records

Dates: 1972-1986

Contains photographs, slides, and videocassettes from the department dated 1972-1986.

  • Extent: 7 folders. -- 2 boxes
  • Creator: Brigham Young University. Department of Technology
  • Call Number: UA 1119 Series 5
  • Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
  • Access Restrictions: Restricted. Closed for 25 years (until 2014) after the creation of the records and thereafter open to the public after consultation with the University Archivist and in accordance with the General Restriction Statement of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections.
Conditions of Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Department of Technology records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Preferred Citation
Department of Technology visual and multimedia records; UA 1119; Department of Technology records; L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
Other Finding Aids
File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA1119.xml
Subject Terms
Brigham Young University. Department of Technology; Technology--Study and teaching
Genre / Form
Photographs; Slides (Photography); Videocassettes
Finding Aid ID Number
UPB_UA1119
Finding Aid Title
Department of Technology records
Finding Aid Author
Finding aid prepared by Matthew Leavitt
Finding Aid Creator
This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-11-17T04:23-0700
Finding Aid Language
English
Biographical Info:

Administrative History

The Department of Technology (1972-1990) was an instructional unit at Brigham Young University.

The department was established in 1972 in a reorganization of the earlier Department of Industrial Technology, and provided course instruction in engineering and technology design, electronics, and manufacturing technologies, as well as aspects of construction management. It provided two-year associate's degrees for technicians and four-year bachelor's degrees. Department chairs included Ross "J" McArthur (1972-1979), Kay F. Brown (1979-1980), John J. Kunzler, Jr. (1981-1986), E. Max Raisor (1986-1987), J. L. Carroll (1987-1989), and John J. Kunzler (1989-1990).

The department reported to various colleges during its existence, including the College of Industrial and Technical Education (1972-1973), the College of Engineering Sciences and Technology (1973-1984), and the College of Engineering and Technology (1984-1990). In 1990 the department merged into the newly formed Department of Manufacturing Engineering and Technology.



comments powered by Disqus

Site Navigation

Search this Collection

Collection Arrangement

Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description

Series in UA 1119

Print View

Help with this Collection

Ask us a Question

Cory Nimer
University Archivist - University Archives
cory_nimer@byu.edu