Emeritus Club records
Emeritus Club records
This collection consists of one series concerning the affairs of the Brigham Young University Emeritus Club during the years 1983 through 1993. Important information includes minutes taken at various meetings, correspondence between alumni and the president of the Emeritus Club, a history of the Brigham Young University Emeritus Club, various publications made by the Emeritus Club under the Alumni Association, award nominations and recipients of awards, and a history of Cornelius Rawlings (Neal) Peterson, former president of the Brigham Young University Emeritus Club.
- Extent: 2 boxes (1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Brigham Young University. Emeritus Club
- Call Number: UA 1137
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Emeritus Club records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 1137; Emeritus Club records; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 1137, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Gift of Sarah Grow, September 2004.
- Other Finding Aids
- click here to view finding aid (description of collection contents)|uhttp://hdl.lib.byu.edu/2294/UPB_UA1137
- Subject Terms
- Clubs and Societies; Provo (Utah); Social Life and Customs
- Genre / Form
- Corporate minutes
- Appraisal Information
- University history (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Emeritus Club records
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Jennifer Kim
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-11-24T04:24-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
The Emeritus Club was founded in 1941 by Richard R. Lyman, and was created as a branch of the Brigham Young University Alumni Association. All graduates who attended Brigham Young Academy during the Karl G. Maeser presidency, all those who graduated 50 years before the Emeritus Club was formed, or all those who are 70 years or older and have served on the Brigham Young University Board of Trustees or the faculty are included in the Brigham Young University Emeritus Club.
comments powered by Disqus