Scholarship Office records
Scholarship Office records
Contains information about the Brigham Young University scholarship program. Included are records of presidential scholarships awarded, acceptance processes, and the progress of the recipients in their college education. Also included are yearly reports on the scholarship program and the codes, budgets, and policies of the program. Dates range from 1969 to 2003.
- Extent: 6 boxes (3 linear ft.). -- 1 carton (1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Brigham Young University. Scholarship Office
- Call Number: UA 1155
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Restricted. Closed for 25 years (until 2028) after the creation of the records and thereafter open to the public after consultation with the University Archivist and in accordance with the General Restriction Statement of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged by type and chronologically.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Scholarship Office records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 1155; Scholarship Office records; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 1155, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Transfers made from Records Management in November 2004 and April 2013.
- Acquisition Information
- Transferred; Records Management; November 2004. Transferred; Records Management; April 2013.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA1155.xml
- Subject Terms
- Colleges and Universities; Education; Provo (Utah); Scholarships
- Genre / Form
- Drafts (Documents); Notes
- Processing Information
- Processed; Amanda Jo Lindell; December 2004. Processed; Joseph Wiest; April 2013.
- Appraisal Information
- Office files (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Scholarship Office records
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Rose Frank
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-02-09T04:26-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
The Scholarship Office is a department of the Student Academic Advisement Services at Brigham Young University, which works to advance student academic services that are accessible, coordinated, and personalized.
Departments under the SAAS include Academic (Class) Scheduling, Admissions, Advisement Support, Discontinuance, Financial Aid, Graduation Evaluation, Records, Registrar, Registration, Scholarships, Transfer Evaluation, and Veterans Support.
The mission of the Scholarship Office is to offer scholarships to select students, who have demonstrated a serious and diligent commitment to academic excellence, as an investment in their education. Scholarship funds are provided through tithes of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and offerings of generous friends of the university. They are given to encourage continued commitment to spiritual and intellectual growth. The gift of a scholarship assumes an obligation on the part of the recipient to use that investment wisely to prepare for expanded and purposeful service in the Lord's kingdom.
comments powered by Disqus