Investment Properties records
Investment Properties records
Contains materials pertaining to the Investment Properties. These materials include correspondence, maps, newspaper clippings, photographs, and deeds. These materials are from various states including Utah, Arizona, Texas, and Montana.
- Extent: 1 carton (1 linear ft.). -- 9 boxes (4.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Brigham Young University. Investment Properties
- Call Number: UA 1182
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Restricted. Closed for 25 years (until 2018) after the creation of the records and thereafter open to the public after consultation with the University Archivist and in accordance with the General Restriction Statement of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged into three series. 1. Investment Properties records, 1961-1983. 2. Investment Properties sold Strawberry properties, 1975-1985. 3. Investment Properties sold properties, 1983-1993. The materials have been left in the original order in which they were found. This order seems to be grouped by subject and further arranged chronologically and alphabetically.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Investment Properties records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 1182; Investment Properties records; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 1182, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Transferred from Records Management in April 2005. Transferred from Records Management in September 2008.
- Acquisition Information
- Transferred; Records Management; April 2005. Transferred; Records Management; September 2008.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA1182.xml
- Subject Terms
- Buildings--Montana--Great Falls--History--Sources; Colleges and Universities; Education; Great Falls (Mont.)--Buildings, structures, etc.--History--Sources; Real estate management--West (U.S.)--History
- Genre / Form
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.); Deeds; Letters; Maps; Pamphlets; Photographs
- Processing Information
- Processed; Amanda Jo Lindell; May 2005. Processed; Matthew Leavitt; March 2009.
- Appraisal Information
- Office files (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Investment Properties records
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Matthew Leavitt
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-02-02T04:03-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Investment Properties was created in 1984 with Donald T. Nelson as the manager. The responsibility of the department is to administer to real estate that is gifted to the University until the property can be sold and the proceeds distributed according to the instructions of the donor.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in UA 1182
Investment Properties correspondence, maps, and other material
Investment Properties sold Strawberry properties
Investment Properties sold properties
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives