President's Council records
President's Council records
This collection contains minutes, agendas and other materials related to the meetings of the President's Council from 1980 to 2006.
- Extent: 4 cartons (4 linear ft.). -- 20 boxes (10 linear ft.)
- Call Number: UA 1230
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Restricted. Closed for 25 years after the creation of the records and thereafter (2051) open to the public after consultation with the University Archivist and in accordance with the General Restriction Statement of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections.
- Languages and Scripts
- This collection is arranged chronologically.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Brigham Young University President's Council records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 1230; Brigham Young University President's Council records; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 1230, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Transferred to University Records Management by the Office of the President. Transferred from University Records Management to the University Archives in November 2005 and May 2009.
- Acquisition Information
- Transferred; University Records Management; November 2005. Transferred; University Records Management; May 2009.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA1230.xml
- Subject Terms
- Colleges and Universities; Education
- Genre / Form
- Corporate minutes
- Processing Information
- Processed; J. Gordon Daines III; December 2005. Processed; J. Gordon Daines III; May 2009.
- Appraisal Information
- Office files (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- President's Council records
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by J. Gordon Daines III
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-11-21T13:46-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
The President's Council at Brigham Young University developed in the 1970s out of President Dallin H. Oaks' habit of inviting members of the administration to participate in his weekly meetings with his two policy-making vice presidents. The meeting became a regular part of university administration under President Jeffrey R. Holland. The President's Council holds meetings on a regular basis (several times a month) and is responsible for reviewing and approving all matters pertaining to the administration of Brigham Young University. Under President Holland the President's Council was also called the President's Business Meeting and the President's Planning Meeting.
comments powered by Disqus